Happy Birthday, Israel! Seven Ways to Celebrate Israel’s Prophetic Rebirth
Also announcing the 2012 Epicenter Conference in Albuquerque and the 2013 Joshua Fund Prayer & Vision Tour to Israel.
by Joel C. Rosenberg
(Washington, D.C., April 26, 2012) — What an exciting day! Today, we rejoice over the 64th anniversary of the modern State of Israel on the Hebrew calendar. On the Western calendar, Israel’s Independence Day is remembered on May 14th — so we can keep rejoicing for weeks! Here are seven specific ways you can celebrate:
- First and foremost, let’s thank the Lord for keeping His promise to the Jewish people and thank Him that His Word is true. After all, the rebirth of the Jewish state is the fulfillment of End Times Bible prophecies. Israel is living proof — solid, irrefutable evidence — that we are living in what the Bible calls the “last days” Some of the most fascinating prophecies concerning Israel’s rebirth or resurrection in the last days can be found in Ezekiel 36 and 37. Let me encourage you take a moment and read through those passages today and reflect on how amazing it is that we have actually seen such events come to pass in our own lifetime.
- Second, let’s be sure to pray for the peace of Jerusalem according to Psalm 122:6. Let’s also pray for the Lord’s grace and mercy on the Jewish people, that they would be safe from harm and would turn to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for strength and for hope.
- Third, let’s also pray for Israel’s neighbors. Let’s pray particularly the Palestinian people, that the Lord would be gracious to them and help both sides find a way to live together in peace and security despite their many differences.
- Fourth, let’s find ways to show our love and support for Israel and her neighbors in real and practical ways, especially for the poor and the needy amongst the Israelis and Palestinians, the elderly, widows, orphans and Holocaust survivors. Perhaps you’d like to make a donation today to The Joshua Fund to help us do these very things in the name of Jesus.
- Fifth, learn more about the Biblical theology of Israel by coming to the 2012 Epicenter Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico in September. This conference will be different from past conferences. It is designed specifically to help you develop a solid theological understanding of God’s love and plan for Israel and her neighbors; develop an accurate overview of Israel’s past, present and prophetic future, including an up-to-date understanding of the current spiritual climate in the epicenter for Israelis and Palestinians; and develop an effective way of communicating these truths to current and future generations of Christians. (www.epicenterconference.com)
- Sixth, make plans to visit Israel — The Joshua Fund will be leading a Prayer & Vision Tour to Israel and holding an Epicenter Conference in Jerusalem in the summer of 2013 — check out details on our website (www.joshuafund.net). We would love to have you join us!
- Seventh, let’s pray that the Lord would be gracious and strengthen the strategic friendship between the United States and Israel. We as American have been deeply blessed by God because we have blessed Israel according to Genesis 12:1-3, and we don’t want to see that blessing removed. Especially now.
Few Americans really understand how close the U.S. government came to refusing to support the rebirth of Israel in 1948. Few realize that most of President Truman’s advisors were dead set against the Jewish state, and that even many American Jews didn’t support the creation of Israel. But God had His purposes. He had His plan. And He made sure His plan came to pass. Amazingly, the U.S. played an interesting role in those prophetic developments.
The following are excerpts from my forthcoming non-fiction book, “Implosion,” from a chapter entitled, “The Significance of the Rebirth of Israel.”….
Over the past six decades, the United States has been Israel’s best friend and chief ally. That warm and strategic relationship began with President Harry Truman’s official and highly public decision to be the first world leader to recognize and support the newly declared State of Israel on May 14, 1948. Yet few Americans realize the tectonic struggle that took place at the highest levels of the U.S. government and almost prevented Truman from making or implementing that decision. Until recently, despite decades of studying Jewish history, traveling to Israel, and working with various Israeli leaders, I had no idea just how close the Jewish state came to being denied early and critical recognition by the American government. Not long ago, however, an Israeli friend recommended that I read Counsel to the President, a book that takes readers inside the Oval Office and describes the political infighting against Israel in vivid detail. What I found absolutely fascinated me…..
[To read the rest of these excerpts, find all the links in this article, and find more news and analysis of events and trends in the U.S., Israel and the Middle East, please go to: http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/.]
ALSO ON THE BLOG:
* IMPLOSION SIMULCAST SET FOR JUNE 16TH — Attention Pastors and Ministry Leaders: Is America headed for implosion, or revival? Can America recover from our economic and spiritual challenges before it’s too late? And what will happen to America if we ignore, abandon or turn against Israel in her time of need? On Saturday, June 16th, we will consider these critical questions during a live, three-hour “Implosion Simulcast,” which will be shown around the country and around the world. Please sign up your church, home fellowship group, or small group Bible study today to participate in this unique event.
NOTE: This will be a non-political, non-partisan event.